Failing to comply with employment law can leave your business open to legal action from an unhappy employee, which can be costly financially and in terms of the management time taken to resolve the problem and which can also potentially damage your reputation of your business.
Our employment law services can supplement your in-house HR expertise or for businesses that do not have the resources to employ an HR professional, we can help ensure all your policies and procedures are fully compliant and give you access to expert employment law advice, as and when you need it, to help you maintain a constructive employment relationship with your workforce.
Areas we can advise on
- Contracts of employment: We can draft new contracts or review and advise on existing contracts, as well as preparing or revising policies and procedures for company handbooks.
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures: We can draft and assist in implementing appropriate procedures. We can also advise on any grievance and disciplinary issues as they arise.
- Representation at employment tribunals: We will deal with any type of employment claim, including representation at employment tribunals.
- Redundancy: We can advise on all stages of the redundancy process, including consultation requirements and selection processes.
- Discrimination: We can advise on all issues relating to discrimination under the Equality Act 2010, including age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Transfer of undertakings: We can assist with employment issues arising from the sale or purchase of a business and advise on how the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations, or TUPE, applies.
- Settlement agreements: We can advise on and prepare settlement agreements, which typically include a severance payment made by the employer to the employee, in return for the employee agreeing not to bring certain legal claims against the employer.
For more information on our employment law services for businesses, please contact us.